HEALTHY SUMMER SALAD
Spring Detox Cauliflower Salad
Recommended by Dr. Lisa Ghent, visit Collaborative Wellness on Instagram. If you’d like to check out the original recipe, visit Pinch of Yum
Spring has sprung! It’s the time of year when salads and smoothies start to replace soups and stews, so what better recipe to share with you today, but a delicious but also nutritious salad.
This spring cauliflower salad is bright and fresh and full of flavour. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 can of chickpeas, washed, drained, and dried
- Pinches of chili powder, salt and pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets OR a bag of fresh riced cauliflower
- 1 apple sliced and cut into bite sized pieces (I like to use gala)
- 1 shallot diced
- A handful of chopped parsley and mint
- 1 – 2 ripe avocados cut into chunks
Chickpeas (especially roasted) are one of my very favourite salad ingredients. I find the crunch impossible to resist, and the nutritional content is undeniable. High in folate, fibre, plant-based protein, chickpeas can also help you control blood sugar and weight. The first thing you do to make this salad is to roast the chickpeas. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, put your washed, drained, and dried chickpeas on a sheet pan, and drizzle with avocado oil, then sprinkle with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20 – 30 min until chickpeas are crispy and golden, turning a couple of times during the cooking process.
While the chickpeas are cooking, rice your cauliflower with a food processor (unless you’re using pre-riced cauliflower). Many people don’t know this but cauliflower is a vitamin C powerhouse. Just one cup delivers 85% of the recommended daily amount for adults! Once the chickpeas are cooked, toss with the cauliflower rice and all the other ingredients listed above. Now it’s time to make the dressing.
To make the dressing you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- The juice and zest of a full lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Shake all of the dressing ingredients together in a jar and toss with the salad ingredients. Enjoy all the goodness!
Become a spa member
Find out how you can save on your favourite services
Join an elite group of Atlantis Day Spa Members to earn savings on all your treatments & products. Our membership offers exclusive perks that can only be received by joining. What are you waiting for? Become an Atlantis Day Spa Member today!
Curious about our Services?
Sign up for our New Client Journey!
TO REDEEM : JUST SHOW US THE EMAIL ON YOUR PHONE
* This offer can’t be combined with any other promotions. Limit of one coupon per person. Valid on purchases or services of $125 and more. For new clients only. If you are a current client, ask us about our loyalty program, referral program and membership program!