SEASONAL SQUASH RECIPE
Here’s how I like to prepare it. It’s super simple and quick.
- Wash the whole squash.
- Cut it in half, but not length wise; this is not the same as a butternut squash.
- Scoop out the seeds in the middle.
- Slice into ½ cm slices, creating rings.
- Drizzle on a generous amount of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Thinly slice a whole shallot or half an onion. Slice or chop 2 cloves of garlic (or I used 1 large clove of Russian garlic). Add to the bowl of squash.
- Put vegetables in sauté pain and heat on medium heat until squash is tender and starting to caramelize (about 10 min).
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 – 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup and toss. Finish with up to 1 tbsp of butter. Serve immediately.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat or eat cold (goes great in salads!).
Enjoy, and welcome to winter!
Become a spa member
Find out how you can save on your favourite services
Join an elite group of Atlantis Day Spa Members to earn savings on all your treatments & products. Our membership offers exclusive perks that can only be received by joining. What are you waiting for? Become an Atlantis Day Spa Member today!
Curious about our Services?
Sign up for our New Client Journey!
TO REDEEM : JUST SHOW US THE EMAIL ON YOUR PHONE
* This offer can’t be combined with any other promotions. Limit of one coupon per person. Valid on purchases or services of $125 and more. For new clients only. If you are a current client, ask us about our loyalty program, referral program and membership program!