Rockin Moroccan Stew
This months healthy recipe is from Dr. Lisa Ghent’s, from Collaborative Wellness. Connect On Instagram
Did you know that March is #NutritionMonth? As a naturopath, nutrition is always top of mind for me, but even still some days are harder than others getting enough vegetables into my family. And when it comes to nutrition, vegetables really are the name of the game. In my experience, though, people get into vegetable ruts. Especially when they have kids that seem to only eat cucumbers and carrots.
The good news is that I’m going to share a family favourite at our house. This ‘Rockin Moroccan Stew’ is originally from the Looneyspoons collection of recipes by Greta and Janet Podleski and is sure to become a favourite at your house, too. Best part is that it’s nutrient-dense and plant-based, it freezes beautifully, AND it’s easy to make. Win – win – win – win. Bonus points that it’s loaded with vitamin A which makes your skin glow from the inside out.
Here is how you make it:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium/large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh green beans, green peppers and/or celery, chopped (pick 1, 2 or all 3, but make the total 1 cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger root minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth *One 900 ml carton
- 3 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 540 ml diced tomatoes (petite cut) drained
- 540 ml chickpeas One can – drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 – 3 tbsp peanut butter (to taste) *sub a different nut or seed butter if you have an allergy in the house
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro minced – plus more for serving
- In a large pot over medium high heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Stir in ginger root, cumin, curry powder, coriander and chili powder and continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot—except the raisins, peanut butter and cilantro—and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until all the veggies are tender.
- Add in peanut butter, raisins and cilantro. Mix well. Let simmer for another 5 minutes before serving.
Become a spa member
Find out how you can save on your favourite services
Join an elite group of Atlantis Day Spa Members to earn savings on all your treatments & products. Our membership offers exclusive perks that can only be received by joining. What are you waiting for? Become an Atlantis Day Spa Member today!
Curious about our Services?
Sign up for our New Client Journey!
TO REDEEM : JUST SHOW US THE EMAIL ON YOUR PHONE
* This offer can’t be combined with any other promotions. Limit of one coupon per person. Valid on purchases or services of $125 and more. For new clients only. If you are a current client, ask us about our loyalty program, referral program and membership program!