Grilled Avocado & Basil
Brought to you by Amare Vita Institute, Ania G, Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (or cashews)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Hymalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Place in a blender/food processor and blend until all turns into a paste. If you like a coarse texture, set it on a pulse instead.
- Leave some fresh leaves to garnish your dish
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Place it on the grill or a previously sprayed with olive oil hot pan.
- Once the avocado is nicely grilled, fill it with the pesto. Serve over a bunch of fresh greens such as arugula, spring mix etc. It pairs well with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
Here are some of the most abundant nutrients, in a single 3.5-ounce (100-gram) avocado serving:
Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV),Folate: 20% of the DV, Vitamin C: 17% of the DV, Potassium: 14% of the DV, Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV, Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV, Vitamin E: 10% of the DV. It also contains small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorus and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
This is coming with 160 calories, 2 grams of protein and 15 grams of healthy fats. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fiber, so there are only 2 net carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.
Makes amazing breakfast (feel free to add an egg) or lunch.
Enjoy this healthy Fast Food!